Thursday, August 22, 2013

why i bought crib and how i decided which one is best for me

Why I bought a crib or cotbed for my baby when every baby sleeps with parents in India?


I know very few people buy cribs in India,most people here have never even heard of it. Those who knows about it ,consider it as a western thing. In every house in my neighbourhood babies sleep with their parents in their beds. 
        
Initially my baby slept with us in our bed too .I was not afraid i would hurt her as like any parent from our country. But there are two very strong reasons that made me change my mind ,you must read-----


1. I didn't get enough space to sleep myself ,to roll and to stretch in bed.As a result I was not getting proper sleep,neither my husband nor my baby.

see what happens when parents sleep with babies (in how to be a dad.com),its really funny sometimes.

2.My baby fell from bed  I am ashamed to admit that one early morning my baby  got up when I was not there and fell from bed . This happens one more time in the morning while Iwas  busy doing my chores and was very sure that she is  asleep( had peeked into bedroom few minutes ago), but I had no idea whn did she got up and fell from  bed.
babies falling from bed is though very common but it could be really dangerous some times.

so finally for the safety of my baby and for my sake decided to get a place for my  baby to sleep. I searched at mothercare ,mom and me stores ,wudplay online store , on flipkart ,babyoye ,firstcry etc .....searched a lot online and then going to the stores at least three or four times



since  cribs were costly it was difficult to decide which was the right one considering its use, cost and multipurpose. Got really confused whether to buy or not.

How I made my final decision???
I considered all the points abt why I am buying it                  

  • I wanted a separate place for my baby to sleep.
  • My baby was already four months old ,so started rolling.
  • I didn't want a cot that will be a waste later on.
  • Someplace where she is safe when i am not around .Since I live alone with my husband (not in a joint family) ,baby's safety was a major issue during her playtime or nap during day when I am working in kitchen or elsewhere attending someone at the door.

              Considering my points I concluded to buy a cotbed that will convert to toddlers bed wouldbe good .

There are some really good options of cotbed in Mom And Me,Wudplay and Mothercare.

I liked wudplay products a lot all made of Teakwook.But I don't know whether they have their products displayed somewhere in delhi. so I didn't go for it.

I liked mothercare cribs a lot so finally zeroed my search on it.


I bought Mothercare Addington cotbed .
It's a really a beautiful piece in antique colour with fixed rails and three mattress position.
I put it next to my bed.My baby naps during day in it.I don't worry about her falling anymore.

It can convert to toddler bed and can be used upto 5 yrs.







 At night,i let my baby sleep next to me but whn she woke up at early morning I put her in crib so that I can start my morning without worrying.

Once she will stop night feeds,I will put her to sleep in crib only next to our bed,so that I can easly caress and pat her.



10 comments:

  1. hi... i too agree with u on the reasons for choosing crib for lo.
    my son is 5 months old n i too hav a convertible crib.
    i hav a doubt - is the mattress size same for the rocking cot as well as toddler cot?
    i am confused as to what size mattress to buy....
    can i post pic here so that u can understand wat i am asking? or mail u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why not?sure post ur pics (with ur baby,if no objection) ,I will post it on my blog if u allow.
    my email id is preityb20@gmail.com
    well,i cant tell without seeing pics as mine was a mothercare cribt(not rocking)that can convert into toddlers bed.i didn't bought mattress,i get it made of good cotton from a local shop (gave him the recommended size)it's a really good mattress .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zotezo.com deals with Health, Beauty, and Fitness & Wellness in India by integrating various aspects of life that can cumulatively make for a healthy and beautiful life. We provide dynamic health and beauty related solutions to our customers. We offer best deals on mothercare India, pregnancy test kit, baby products, and health and beauty products online. The fresh and delicate skin, thereafter, comes out and needs careful treatment and the magical potion called ‘mother’s hug’ frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope every think is good &well
    idon't know more about u, but unfortunately i searched ur blog, i liked the plan very much; thank u very much for putting this good thinks on ur blog; plz continue this
    baby food consumer reports
    baby food maker consumer reports
    baby food mill consumer reports
    baby food india online
    baby food india 1 year

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Preity.. Whether this can be attached to parent cot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zubaidas Online Provide Complete Range of Furniture Buy Online in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad All Across Pakistan
    baby furniture for sale cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. very Awesome blog of kids furniture and thanks for sharing this nice ideas about Baby Furniture in Mississauga



    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete